Friday, July 1, 2011

Baby Update

Looks like this baby is staying in a little longer. At my appointment yesterday, according to the non stress test, it looked like the fluid levels around the baby had increased to a much safer level, meaning delivery is not necessary for another week. The only thing that was concerning to the doctor was that I had lost 2 pounds since my appt. on Monday...I couldn't believe it! After all that eating and laying around, I still managed to LOSE weight?! It was frustrating to endure a lecture on eating more and avoiding diet foods (seriously? I've never even eaten diet foods), but the doctor still felt comfortable enough with the results of the test that he feels the baby will be okay to wait to be induced until Monday July 11th. I have another non stress test scheduled for Thursday, but I think it is more of a precautionary test than anything.

So, another 10 days of boring bed rest. I don't know how women do this for months on end...I'm certainly annoyed at just sitting around when there are things to be done, but the health of the baby has got to come first. The good news is that my brother and his family are visiting from Oregon for the week so, although I can't do much, I can spend time catching up with them instead of missing them completely by being in the hospital during their visit. And perhaps they will get to meet our newest arrival before they make the long drive home :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you are on bed rest--the last couple of weeks are so not fun but you are so close to being done! I'm sure everything will turn out okay but hang in there!

    ReplyDelete