Monday, October 4, 2010

Best. Summer. EVER!!!

Well, this really has been the best summer ever...ever since I quit my job that is! I have been a stay at home mom with Taylor for about 2 months now and I love it more than anything. It is a joy to watch Taylor grow and learn new things every day.

We have spent a lot of time walking to the park, going on swings, going grocery shopping (T loves those carts that have a mini car on the front...she loves to drive), reading books, watching Curious George, learning the alphabet on starfall.com, coloring, and cooking and cleaning together.

At first, I think it was weird to Taylor that I was around all the time. She got extra clingy every time we would visit one of the Grandma's homes. But now, she realizes I'm not leaving her anywhere, so she has relaxed again.

Blake posted most of the pictures of what we've been up to on our family blog (see blakeandemily.wordpress.com), so all I have to leave you with are the pictures of a rainy day in Provo and what Taylor likes to do on such a day:


First, you construct a simple couch cushion fort...

Then you play in it!


3 comments:

  1. How fun that you are able to stay at home with Taylor now! It's the best, isn't it!? We should have a playdate since we are both at home during the day now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO HAPPY that you get to stay home with Taylor!!!! I can't stop smiling when I think about you and little Taylor hanging out together all day! OH! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, I'm so glad you had the best summer ever! How wonderful that you get to be home with Taylor now and that you're loving it so much. It makes me very happy. I just wish I lived there so we could get together! I miss you.

    Taylor is so, so beautiful and adorable!

    ReplyDelete