Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Taylor Growing Up

Lately, on the days when it has been over 30 degrees outside, Taylor and I have been going for walks in our neighborhood. She has a new obsession with shadows and loves to chase her own shadow. It's pretty funny to watch. She also loves to jump on my shadow and tell me, "I'm jumpin' on mama's shadow!"

Another new hobby of hers, taking every single diaper out of the package and laying them in a row on the floor. Her favorite diapers have a picture of mickey mouse and pluto on them, so she loves to sort through all the diapers and find the pluto ones. She's a little character.

Taylor is a little talker, especially when we are in the car. She tells us about everything that she sees and screams out, "FLAG!!!" every time we pass an American flag (and we've discovered that there are hundreds in Provo!).

Taylor loves when daddy gets home from work so that they can "play buddies" together. This consists of daddy laying on the floor on one of Taylor's blankies and throwing a variety of her favorite stuffed animals (buddies, as she calls them) into the air over and over again while Taylor dances around him laughing. They can play like this for nearly an hour! Who knew "playing buddies" could be so entertaining?

Taylor turns 2 in just a few weeks, so I figured I better document some of her funny little habits before my baby girl officially becomes a toddler. She has been such a pleasant, happy little girl, it was easy for us to want another just like her...at least, we're hoping the next is just as sweet :)

3 comments:

  1. She's so cute! I can't believe she is almost two. I certainly don't blame you for wanting another one just like her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute. one of my nephews was terrified of his shadow- he called it "dark ethan" and made his mom hold him when he saw it. i'm glad taylor isn't afraid of her own shadow. :)

    p.s. your blog posting really is news to me- i
    didn't even know this blog existed! :) i always thought the blake and emily one was just your family blog. i'll follow you now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute little girl! They really grow up so extremely fast: My youngest is already 6 - how could time pass so fast?!

    Love that "play buddies" game. Fine inspiration even for a 6year old.

    ReplyDelete